Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Graphic Standards Manual and Inspiration

I found a few graphic standards manuals online that are somewhat close to how I want mine to be laid out and used.
The first is from the Kiwanis organization. Their standards manual is very easy to use and gives good suggestions on how to use the logo in various marketing pieces with varying colors and applications.

The second I had posted before. The NASA online standards manual is not all that nice to look at, but I think it is useful because it is widely available. It gives lots of good information on how products and applications can be created, and also helps to make it easy to use the logo if wanted. This is what I envision for plus10. I think it is necessary to have the information readily available for people to use. Then, the program spreads, the name spreads, and the logo spreads and is more recognizable in the community.

My third inspirational standards manual is from animal world (download the .pdf to see it better from this site). This company has a similar audience, kids. This standards manual has color and utilizes some of its identity elements in the design of the manual. I think its important to make a standards manual that somehow relates to the company. I found many that were just on white paper with no design in them at all, just words and pictures with big 'x's over them. How boring!!

For my graphic standards manual, I wanted to keep it short and to the point. I envision plus10 as a program that aims at reaching as many people as possible, through as many avenues as possible. So, I kept my standards manual short and simple with suggestions for applications and some basic guidelines to follow.

No comments: